Saturday, May 23, 2020

...black and white gallery (mostly)....

Much as I like the vibrancy of saturated colors, the ability of black and white to highlight the form of the subject matter is equally enthralling to me!!! Color and black/white photography are actually considered two separate media for that reason; each is selected to best compliment the ideas the artist is trying to express. 

...and, as is often the case with “rules,” it is the exception that proves it...hence the first image. I like it a lot and the black/white version did not please me!!!  LOL!!!


























10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Luke. I recognize your parts in a few photos. Nice. Arrivederci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this post, I have a thing to take care of!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3got me going ! #3 is what I'd do to #4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....#4 is most ready to spread his cheeks and brace to receive!!!!

      Delete
    2. ...all it takes is a little control over our modern day plague and how far away can it be till we drink those beers and do the requisite “camerawork”...with some “possible” distractions!!! LOL!!!

      Delete