Sunday, November 22, 2015

PARIS

 

 
While I was out in the Anzo-Borrego Desert a week ago Friday - enjoying the serene and incredible beauty of nature and recharging my batteries - Paris was being battered. I was devastated – je suis désolé - to hear of the tragedy, as I would no matter where such horrors would occur. However, I have a special fondness for Paris which I have visited several times, and hope to do so again. A beautiful city and - more importantly - wonderful people who always made me feel welcome.
 
I want to acknowledge the inspiration for this post to others - Xerxes, French Patrick, Flip Flops Boy and more - who posted their moving sentiments that resonated with me.
 
And for the cognoscenti among us – that’s you Tony – the image is of Hypnos, Greek god of sleep...I thought it appropriate as an expression of sorrow, but reminding us that we will wake and overcome.
 
...and don’t hesitate to correct my French if it is not accurately expressing my meaning....
 
 

7 comments:

  1. no, you're meaning your thoughts and your tribute in your own language!!! much appreciated! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's just beautiful, man! :0 Go, Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a gentle soul so loving and caring
    ❤❤❤❤ Barry

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all very touched by the events in Paris - a beautiful city of beautiful people - each in out own way trying to respond. Thank you for your beautiful tribute! Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Luke:
    Have been away for 2 week on my last assignment for 2015. I will return to Washington on the weeks of December 20th to January 2nd, 2016. Thanks for mentioning my name amongst your friends.
    I too was horrified by the horror in Paris. That city is magical. Been there only once in 2009. In March 2013 I went to De Gaulle airport from Milan with my brother on our way back to DC.
    My knowledge of French is minimal at best. You expressed your sentiments very appropriately.
    I do not know you in person, but I feel as if I do.
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day, mon ami.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! very touching. Thank you so much for such a wonderful tribute to a beautiful city.

    my prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones on that terrible day and may healing both physical and spiritual begin to the wounded.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for your comments...much appreiated. Regretfully, I'm behind on my usual responses!

    Luke

    ReplyDelete